Sunday, January 19, 2014

Late last year, my wife of 42 years, Carolyn passed away from Ovarian Cancer. There has to be a special place in heaven for the spouses of gamers.

Since that time, several people have contacted me wondering what the status of a "redo" for GangBusters was ? And what follows is my answer:

 I've arrived at the point that I don't have the interest to do any more with "GangBusters". It's a pretty complete rules set that only needs refinement with "house rules". It isn't the game that needs to be redone, it is the need for new modules on new subjects. I have frequently encouraged people to design and to publish their GB's modules using Kickstarter, etc. . I have no need for financial remuneration from anyone's published modules as long as they are mindful of copyright laws as they apply to the game rules and credit the game designers.

You, and others, have some marvelous ideas for modules. Go for it. So get busy.

I am grateful for the kind words you all have expressed for the design of "GangBusters" through the decades (that's decades, not just years). I am also grateful for the kindness and concern of my fellow gamers through the past 2 and a half years. When all is said and done, gamers make great friends.

All the best,
Rick Krebs   

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rick,

    Hope all is going well with you. I am interested in starting an online GB game. Something a little "Lakeside Empire." No sure how these blogs work. If there are any interested players, they can message me back with contact info. and I can try and organize a game. Got some ideas to make a long term campaign. All players starting out as the same team. Thinking a gangsters point of view with an emphasis on getting rich or die trying...

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept my condolences and my group passes them along as well.

    I would love to see the PDFs of the rules and modules put up for sale on RPGNow so current and future generations can enjoy this wonderful game.

    ReplyDelete